Tuesday 28 June 2011

The Phone Call

Below demonstrates my first attempt at using both the digital hardware and software. I used a Canon Legria Camcorder for the filming the footage. I worked in a group alongside two other peers from my Media Studies class and after filming the footage, we edited on iMovie separately. This provided us with the opportunity to attempt to create a narrative storyline to the audience and also enabled me to gain further understanding and skills before starting my Advanced Portfolio project. I found this task very useful as it prepared me for the tasks I am about to undergo.
 

6 comments:

  1. Really liked the establishing shot and the blur at the beginning. Bit of an unclear narrative towards the end though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good use of atmospheric music in the opening scene. Really like the lingering long shot in the classroom at the end.
    Some of the cuts were a bit disjointed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. particularly liked the establishing shot
    some cuts were a little disjointed

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the sound effects Bazza!! Nice transitions between frames and love the video all together! Some frames may have gone on a bit long? But thought some of them were really effective. (I had the same sound effect problems too :()x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good choice of music and shots to create an atmosphere but transition between sound could have been improved

    ReplyDelete
  6. There was a good use of shots, especially the aerial shot at the start and I thought the music was quite effective too. Although the story line was quite confusing.

    ReplyDelete